We hold a high standard for our space, and this is reflected in the many accolades accumulated from The Knot to Yelp. We also try to keep things in the South Austin mindset; laid-back.
- Exclusive use for 5 or 10 hour rental, depending on your rental times
- On Site Manager available to answer questions and watch property
- One hour for rehearsal the day prior to your event date, scheduled around other booked events
- Four acres of versatile grounds
- Indoor/Outdoor Ceremony and Reception Space
- Brides Dressing Room
- Prep Kitchen
- WiFi Internet
Fees & Requirements
- A signed contract and half of the listed rate is required to book a date.
- There is a $15 recycling charge that will be added to the final invoice.
- There is a $300 table and chair rental charge in addition to the rental rate, unless fee is waived for special events.
- There is also a $300 refundable damage deposit that will be refunded within a timely manner after the event, if the premises have been left reasonably clean and undamaged.
- For any events booked for a rate under $1000, a $20/hour site manager fee will be added to your rental rate. This amount will not exceed $1000 in cost.
- Mercury Hall accepts checks, money orders and also Visa and Mastercard. To use credit cards, a 3% fee will be charged.
You can book a date(s) with a deposit of half of the rental rate and a signed contract. We only book one event per day on the weekend dates of Friday, Saturday and Sunday and this is a any consecutive 10 hour block of time, between 7am and 1am. When choosing a block of time for your event, keep in mind that those hours need to include your set-up/decorating time, your event time, and breakdown time. A manager will be on-site for each event to answer questions and watch over the property.
If your event is a wedding, you may have one hour to rehearse, any day prior to your event, as long as it is arranged with Mercury Hall and your time doesn’t conflict with another event in progress. Please note: If the hall becomes booked or if that day’s event adjusts their time, your time may be adjusted accordingly.
Capacity & Parking
If you utilize both the hall and the patio, we can accommodate parties up to 250 people. If you are only using the hall (mainly during hot & cold months), then 120-150 guests will fit comfortably, seated for reception. If you need to increase your covered area, our gravel patio has the flexibility to install a tent. The gravel patio area provides an additional 1800 square feet of event space.
We have about 75 parking spaces on our property. All additional parking will need to take place in the surrounding neighborhood.
Here at Mercury, we do require all clients and vendors to use Premier Party Central for all rentals. We will only allow other rental companies to be used, if Premier Party Central cannot provide you with a specific item or style, and this must be first approved by Mercury Hall.
In addition to the rental rate, we charge a $300 table and chair charge if you would like to rent our tables and chairs. We have 300 white folding chairs, 12- 60” round tables, 4- 6’ rectangular banquet tables, 4- 8’ rectangular banquet tables for use. Of course, you are not required to use our tables and chairs, you may choose a different style from Premier Party Central.
If you need help finding florists, photographers, or any other vendors, we will be glad to point you in the direction of vendors that we trust to do an excellent job. Please see the links listed on the “Ideas/Links” page for a complete list of many of Austin’s great vendors. We trust working with all of these vendors, though you do not have to pick ones from our site.
Non-Profits & Fundraising
For non-profit/fundraiser events we offer a 40% discount for Monday- Thursday and a 15% discount for weekends. We also allow non-profit events full flexibility on any caterers and rental companies.
Catering & Alcohol
Mercury allows you to choose from a broad selection of caterers. We have a Preferred Catering List. Click here for a full list of approved caterers. If you would like to have someone cater your event that is not on our Preferred Catering List, there is a $200 off-list charge and they need to sign a Vendor Contract Agreement with us. Mercury Hall allows clients to purchase their own alcohol without any additional expense; however, we do require that all alcohol is served by a TABC certified bartender.
Rates are subject to change for various Holidays and special events. Please contact us if you have questions.
|5 hrs||10 hrs||10 hrs||10 hrs||10 hrs|
Frequently Asked Questions